Sunday, February 13, 2011

5 months













Sleeping: I have to say we kicked our little habit of waking up at 3-4ish to yell at mommy. It only took 2 nights, (thank you Jesus), of crying and me watching and waiting for him to fall back asleep. The first night he cried for what seemed like forever. The second night he only cried for 4 minutes and was out! Now, we he goes to bed around 7 or 8 and wakes up at 7. Ah, thank you sweet baby! He naps twice a day anywhere from 2-3 hours.

Eating: Graham is eating anything and everything we put in front of him! I'm still making baby food and we both enjoy this, so far. I have found it is cheaper to make the baby food and freeze it and it's pretty healthy too! We didn't have a good experience with freezing fruit so I buy processed baby food fruit. He has oatmeal fruit and a bottle for breakfast. Lunch consists of 2 veggies, 1 fruit and a bottle. Dinner is 2 veggies, 1/2 fruit, rice cereal and a bottle. This kid can eat! Wonder who he gets that from???

Talking: Graham has just recently starting using his "m" sound quite frequently. It's actually my favorite sound..I think because it almost sounds like he's saying mamamamama..too cute! He's really not a big talker however, he can chat it up with the insects on his mobile for hours if I would let him!

Stats: We didn't have a 5 month appointment so I won't know all of his stats until March. However, he's a big boy who is wearing size 3 diapers.

Milestones: let's see, he is into playing/eating his feet/socks, holding and reaching for anything I do. He tries to help me turn out his light in his room when I pick him up from his nap, so stinkin cute! He also loves to pull his pacifier in and out about 100 times and then just drop it somewhere. I really think this kiddo is going to have a great sense of humor. He didn't take a very long nap this morning so Michael and I put him in bed with us to snuggle and hopefully go back to sleep. He's in between us, we both have our eyes closed and I hear this little chuckle. It was so cute. He was like, "Gotcha! I just wanted to come in your bed!"
He laughs so much at us being goofy and when you play bite his little ribs. He still likes to bury his head in my shoulder and crack up. Grahams favorite "toy" to gnaw on, is my chin. Oh boy this kid!!
We've started practicing with a sippy cup and he can push himself backwards when he is in the walker.
He sits up by himself but then topples over.

Clothing: 6-9 months and growing out of those quickly!!




























































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



1 comment: